Napoleon puff Cake with beaten sweet butter.
400 g (14 oz) flour
1 beaten egg
200 g (7 oz) margarine
30 - 40 ml water
pinch baking soda.
1 teaspoon vanilla
for filling and decoration:
200 g (7 oz) fresh milk
200 g (7 oz) sugar
200 g (7 oz) butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl combine first 3
ingredients. Blend with mixer at low speed until crumbly
(may use food processor). Stir in remained ingredients.
2. Divide the dough in to 7 parts. Roll it out 7 circles. Bake every circle in the oven. Chill.
3. Make filling. Spread the sweet butter filling over every
crust. Place one crust over another buttered crust. Top with sweet butter
filling. Sprinkle with remained crust crumbs.
Serves 12 - 15.
Make filling and decoration:
1. Put sugar into a pan, pour over milk and stir thoroughly until sugar dissolves. Boil the mixture. Chill.
2. Beat butter! Use food processor. Whisk softened butter with sweet milk. Gradually add sweet cool milk to the soft butter, stirring to create a smooth whipped cream.