Preparation of the dough!
2 lb flour
1/4 pint water
1 - 2 - eggs
1/4 tsp salt.
Make the filling!
2 lb peeled, grated pumpkin
5 - 7 tbsp of sugar
grated nuts to taste
1/2 cup - 3/4 cup Oil
1. Making Pumpkin Rolls begins with the preparation of the pastry. Sift 2 lb of flour into a mound, make a well in the centre and add 1/4 tsp salt, one or two eggs, a glass of warm water (1/4 pint) and knead the dough. Cover it with a tea towel and leave to stand for 15 - 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, make the filling. Take 2 lb peeled, grated pumpkin and 5 - 7 tbsp of sugar and 1 cup of grated nuts. Combine filling ingredients. Mix carefully.
3. When the filling is ready, return to the pastry.
Divide dough into 4 parts; roll out 1 part to -inch thick rectangle. Sprinkle rectangle with oil. Spread 1/4 filling over the crust, leaving 1 inches plain on 1 of the long edges. Roll up dough, rolling toward the plain edge.
4. Place roll with seam down, about 2 inches apart on a greased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining crusts. Brush with oil top every roll.
5. Bake 12 to 15 minutes until golden. Remove from oven. Remove from cookie sheets with spatula. Serve warm or at room temperature.