Stuffed Zucchini or Squash with rice and vegetables.
Preparation of this dish is easy and fast because the rice cook on the stovetop while the squash steams in the oven.
1/2 cup olive oil
1 big onion, finely chopped
1 medium carrot, grated
2 garlic cloves, crushed with garlic press
1 cup rice
1 paprika, chopped
3 tbsp chopped fresh dill
3 tbsp green onions
1 tbsp chopped fresh Celery
3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
2 small squashes or zucchini (about 11 - 12 ounces each)
1 medium tomato, chopped
ground black pepper, red pepper, bay leaf, salt to taste
1. In the pot heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion, carrot, paprika and garlic.
2. Cook 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender and golden, stirring occasionally. Add rice, salt, pepper, and boiling water to cover over rice. Heat to boiling.
3. Five to ten minutes before the rice is cooked, add: chopped
green Celery, dill, parsley, green onions, bay leaf, pepper. Cover pot and keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, cut each squash lengthwise in half and remove seeds and strings. Place squash halves in oven-safe baking dish, add 1-2 tbsp of water. Cook in oven 6 to 8 minutes or until squash is fork-tender.
3. Place squash halves on platter. Fill each half with one-fourth of rice with vegetables mixture.
4. Sprinkle with mayonnaise, chopped greenery and with diced tomato
on top, place in
oven until squash or zucchini is hot. Serve hot.