Beetroot soup - Svekolnik.
It is red hot Soup.
Beetroot soup - Svekolnik is very popular soup of Russian cuisine.
300 g (12 oz) beef.
500 g (1 lb) pork with bones. (or chicken)
500 g (1 lb) beet.
300 g ( 12 oz) potatoes.
100 g (4 oz) carrot.
20 - 30 g (1 oz) parsley roots.
100 g (4 oz) onion.
1 paprika, chopped into strips.
50 g (2 oz) tomato paste.
30 g (1 1/2 - 2 oz) sunflower oil, or Soya oil, or olive oil)
20 g (...1 oz) flour.
10 - 20 g (1/2 oz) sugar.
20 g 6% ( ... 1oz) vinegar.
6 pint water.
Chopped green Celery, dill, parsley, coriander, green onions, bay leaf, pepper, garlic cloves to taste.
1. Cook meat in boiled water until done.
2. Grate carrot, chop parsley roots and onion.
3. Then blanch onion in oil until golden, add carrot and parsley roots, then add tomato paste (or fresh tomatoes and paprika) and stew for 7 - 10 minutes, (use a frying pan).
4. Put cubed potatoes in broth, bring to boil. Cook 15 - 20 minutes.
5. Peeled and grated beet fry in oil (until golden).
6. Add to broth sugar and vinegar, salt to taste. ( If you like, add fried until golden flour).
7. Now add to broth all fried vegetables: onion, carrot, tomatoes, paprika, beet ... all! Cook several minutes.
8. Five to ten minutes before the Bosch is cooked, add: chopped green Celery, dill, parsley, coriander, green
onions, bay leaf, pepper, garlic cloves to taste.
Serve with meat and sour cream.
As for me,
I do not like beef and pork ( especially with bones), (I use chicken!!!).
I use vinegar to taste.
Vinegar - very important for this soup! (Add it after potatoes is boiled and tender. And before you add beet to broth.)
Soup will be beautiful and very tasty: red with a lot greenery.