Beetroot soup with smoked goose - Borscht.
400 g (7 oz) beef with bone.
200 g (7 oz) goose, smoked.
100 g (3,5 oz) pork with bone, smoked.
300 g (10,6 oz) beets, canned, chopped.
150 g (5,3 oz) parsley roots, chopped.
1 beets, washed, peeled, grated.
200 g (7 oz) fresh cabbage, shredded.
1 carrot, grated.
1 onion, chopped.
3 - 4 garlic cloves, crushed.
50 g (1,8 oz) sunflower oil, (or Soya oil, or olive oil)
2 litres / 4 pint kvass.
1 cup sour cream.
Chopped green Celery, dill, parsley, coriander, green onions, bay leaf, pepper, to taste.
1. Put first four ingredients into pot, pour kvass and cook, until meat cooked.
2. Blanch onion in oil until golden, add carrot and parsley roots. Stew for 7 - 10 minutes, (use a frying pan). Peeled and grated beet simmer in oil. Add vinegar.
3. Flavour the broth with spices and salt to taste.
4. Add to broth all fried vegetables and put into oven on low heat for 3 - hours.
5. Add in to pot chopped greenery, bay leaf, pepper, garlic cloves.
Serve with sour cream.
Soup will be beautiful and very tasty: red with a lot greenery.