Beetroot hot soup with pork and beans - Borscht.
4 pint water
3 tablespoons sunflower oil
1/2 cup cooked white beans.
2 large beets, peeled and grated
1,1 lb chicken, with bone
3 tablespoons apple vinegar
18,8 oz smoked pork
2 tablespoons butter
1 large carrot, scraped and diced
1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
1 small cabbage, shredded
3 tablespoons tomato paste
1 tablespoons salt
black pepper, to taste
4 tablespoons parsley, chopped
1 cup potatoes, peeled and diced
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp sugar.
2 tbsp chopped green dill.
parsley, green onions, bay leaf, pepper, to taste.
1. In a large stockpot bring the chicken to a boil in water with salt.
After 10 minutes of boiling reduce and simmer for 30 minutes more, then remove meat, cool and remove meat from bone and cube.
2. In a skillet on heat the oil on medium heat. Saute the onion, beets, & carrot until they are soft.
3. Add the potato and butter into broth, then cook for 2 minutes.
Reduce heat, add cabbage, tomato paste, meat and pork. Cook for 30 to 40 minutes.
4. Add salt and pepper, vinegar, sugar, greenery. Add to the stockpot the beet-carrot-onion and potato mixture.
5. Add cooked white beans to this soup, soak them in the water
overnight and boil, then add them to the soup. Cook for 10 - 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
A dollop or 2 of sour cream in the soup is mandatory when served. Allow each person to stir it in themselves.