Pskov city on photos. John the Baptist's Nativity Cathedral.
It is supposed to have been built by the Novgorodian stonemasons in 1140. In the 13th century, the suburban nunnery was established there. It was a burial place of twelve Pskovian princesses. Among them the Eupraksiya (the Princess Efrosinya, a daughter of Rogvolod), the founder of the nunnery, and the Reverend Marpha (the Princess Maria, a daughter of Dimitry), a spouse of the Prince Dovmont-Timophey, who died in 1300 were also buried beneath this church.
St. John The Baptist Cathedral (XII c.) in Pskov (Russia).
The Icon Painting Laboratory established by the Cathedral since 1993. Icon Painters are trying to revive this ancient Church art .
The Students work with ancient icon models, study methods of preparation of natural colors, different kinds of preparation works and the process of icon painting itself.
The Chief-Master of the Laboratory - f. Andrey Davydov, the f. superior of the Cathedral, who is working in the sphere of icon painting for nearly twenty years.
The students paint icons, frescoes and do other works by themselves.
Numerous works of f. Andrey and his students are situated now in different cities in Russia, Italy, Belgium, France, Finland, USA and other countries.
24 July, 2003 - "St. Olga's Day". Holy Liturgy in the Trinity Cathedral. Photos of Religious processions from the Orthodox churches to the Veche square. Festive service on Veche square of the Kremlin.